Need Some Adjustments Made?
We have the same vision as you do on your wedding day…picture perfect! We understand exactly what that means at Elly’s Formal Wear. Our team of seamstresses are passionate about their work and have extensive knowledge in dressmaking. We have seen and worked on gowns with complex details from intricate beading, corset boning and lace hems. We do not cut corners on craftsmanship and we treat each wedding dress as if it was our own dream wedding dress. We want you to feel comfortable and look amazing on your special day with the confidence knowing that your wedding dress is treated with the utmost care and attention. So, whether you need a simple job of shortening your straps or complex alterations like down sizing your dress, Elly’s Formal Wear is the place! Thank you and we look forward to helping you accomplish your perfect fit.
Wedding Dress Alterations
The ideal time to start fitting for your wedding dress alterations is 2 months. Some brides will need 2 or 3 fittings to complete the alterations, depending on the complexity of the job. Your wedding dress should be done and ready-to-wear no later than 2 weeks before your wedding day. Don’t wait too long to have your dress altered because there might not be enough time to do all the alterations you want and risk paying extra fees for a rush service. Shorter time frames are available if needed, but may incur a rush fee. Just send us an email below and we’ll contact you immediately.
If you’re needing alterations on another garment such as a suit, bridesmaid dress, or mother of the bride dress, we do that too!
- The shoes that you will be wearing with your wedding gown or at least the same height of heels.
- Bra, corset or slip that you’d like to wear with your dress. Changing these items after your first fitting can really affect the way your dress fits.
- Every bride should budget at least $300-$400 for her wedding dress alterations.
- Bustle’s are important for your train, so be sure to include this in your alteration request.
- You will receive a quote at the time of your fitting before you leave our shop.