Wedding Gown Pressing & Steaming
Our knowledgeable and professional bridal seamstress and owner Elly-who are experts on fabrics, laces and trimmings-know how to properly treat and take care of your wedding gown. This service is done in-house with our latest and advanced state of the art LauraStar ironing and steaming systems.
After your wedding gown is pressed, we carefully put it in a bust form to maintain its shape and cover it with a long pink non see-through poly garment bag with the train draped down, ready to wear on your wedding day. We also press men’s suit and other garments.
Drop off your wedding gown
- You may drop off your wedding gown as early as 1 week before your wedding day
- Please allow us at least 24 hours to do the service. Most brides pick up their gown 1 day before or the morning of your wedding day.
- In a Rush? Same Day Service is available, drop off your wedding gown by 11am and pick it up before the end of the same day. Same day rush service fee is $10 -$25.
Or ship your wedding gown to us
- You may send your wedding gown to us as early as 2 weeks before your wedding date.
- We recommend using UPS or FEDEX 2 day air service, do not send your box UPS or FedEx ground service or postal service, it will take longer to get here to Hawaii.
- Place your gown in a zippered garment bag and fold your gown neatly in the box. You may also wrap it with plastic or a sheet for extra protection.
- Use a sturdy box that will fit your gown snugly, do not put mailing popcorns or plastic bubbles inside the box.
- On a piece of paper, please provide the following information:
- bride & groom’s name and shipper’s name
- wedding date
- all contact phone numbers (cell phone preferred)
- date that you want to pick up your garments
- hotel or accommodations that you will be staying at on Maui
- all contents of the box
- indicate whether you want us to save the box you shipped it in or discard the box
- Call us at 808-879-7010 or email us to inform us that you have shipped your box, so that we know when to expect it.
- We will contact you when we receive your box with the cost of pressing charges for each item.
- There is a $30 handling and storage fee per box even if the box will be discarded.
Approximate pressing charges:
- $45 to $65 = Simple beach wedding gown
- $65 to $85 = A-line satin with train, most wedding gowns fall into this price range
- $75 + up = Silk, ball gown, long train, pick up skirt, delicate fabrics that require ironing
- $10 to $25 = Mothers, bridesmaid and flower girl dresses
- $35 = 3-4 piece men’s suit, coat, pants, shirt, and tie (linen suits are $10 more)
- $12 each = coat, pants or shirt